Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dizzy Cupid



Dizzy Cupid 

Last Monday was my second time at St. Mary's school. I have to say I was a little nervous. Not to sure what I should of expected. I questioned if the children would like my games, would they want to play my game and would I do a good job catching the children's attention. Since my lab group was assigned special project we did not work with the children until the end of lab. The theme for lab was Valentines Days. Almost all of the groups played games that represented Valentines day. I saw one group playing a game called "the circle of love" the kids seemed to like it a lot. Watching the other groups play their games with the kids really calmed my nerves. Watching made me excited to show my game to the kids because I was sure the would like it. In the mean time before my group presented our game to the kids since with were special projects we had to made a bulletin board based on saying active. We choose the saying "be active" to be the title of our bulletin. Then we added sports and loco-motor skills to the bulletin and draw pictures showing the certain activities. My group hopes that the children can look at our bulletin and be encouraged to "be active." After we finished the bulletin we were told to go interact with the kids we all spread out and played whatever the kids were playing. I played some "knock out" and played some soccer. I noticed a little girl sitting by herself so I introduced myself to her and we colored pictures together. She was such a smart and artistic little girl. We drew flowers and hearts. It was finally time for my group to present our games to the children. My games was called "dizzy cupid." It is a tag game the kids get a partner. One is cupid and the other is running away from cupid. Before child that is cupid runs after his/her partner they have to spin around three times as fast as the can. Once they tag their partner with their "arrow" the partner becomes cupid and has to spin around three times before going after their partner. I was very surprise how interested the children were in my game. I have to say I think my game was very successful. This lab helped me see what to expect when working at St. Marys and it also helped me to realize there is nothing to be nervous about if your believe and are really into your own game the children will have the same attitude. I can not wait to go back and work with the children again. Until then lets all try to make the world a better place through physical education. WE ARE THE FUTURE! 
Check out my write up for Lab 2



No comments:

Post a Comment