Sunday, April 29, 2012

The end has come


     This week was my last week at St. Mary’s after school program. I have to say I am upset to say goodbye. However I am so thankful for this opportunity and experience. It has been wonderful for my teaching experience, I have learned a lot about teaching techniques and the way age groups differ. At St. Mary's I have working in the PRE K program and worked with students all the way up to 5th grade. The younger and older students are very different. I have learned that the younger student enjoy games with a story to it and enjoy very much tag games, they love to chase someone or be chased. The older students like to just play games the whole time. When I worked with the older students all they wanted to do was play basketball or the girls wanted to jump rope. So I split my time and did both. I enjoyed working at St. Mary's very much I have learned a lot about myself. I learned what teaching techniques I am comfortable with. I have learned that I enjoy working with any age group and in the future I will be happy with whatever job I receive. My last lab was very fun. In the beginning we played with the parachute. All the kids enjoyed it very much; they did not want to stop. After that we broke up into our groups. My group was in the cafeteria and then the gym. In the cafeteria the students ate snacks and played board games. When they went to the gym all the wanted to do was play games. The students I worked with were the older children. 





      The boys wanted to play basketball and the girls either wanted to talk or jump rope. One of the members of my group and I decide to play jump rope with the girls. This went out for almost he entire time. The girls knew many roping games and rhythms. I learned a lot! I had a lot of fun and I enjoyed my last lab very much. I cannot wait for my future classes were I interact with students so I can improve my teaching ability more and more.

       I believe my experience at St. Mary's will be my foundation of teaching and I believe in the future it will have been the reason I use the type of teaching techniques I choose to use. Thank you again St. Mary's for a wonderful time!
Check out my last lab write up (Lab 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment